There are a lot of different materials of gutters you can buy, so it can be hard to decide which one is right for you. Each material will have pros and cons. Here are 5 different types of gutters and the pros and cons of each one.
- Vinyl: Vinyl is a great choice for gutters because it is cheap, quiet, and does not rust. The problems are that it is made of vinyl, so it only lasts a couple decades and can crack under harsh weather.
- Galvanized Steel: Galvanized steel is a great choice because of its low cost, durability, and resistance to rust. However, after some years the coating will wear off and it can become rusty and become hard to maintain.
- Copper: Copper gutters are low maintenance, beautiful, and long-lasting material. It can last a lifetime if maintained well. However, it is very expensive to buy and install.
- Aluminum: Aluminum gutters are an excellent choice due to their low cost, incredibly long lifetime, and inability to rust. However, they have more maintenance requirements to make them last, and can dent if damaged.
- Stainless Steel: These gutters are tough, rust-resistant, and last a long time. However, one problem with stainless steel is that it is expensive and heavy. This can make buying and installing expensive and difficult.
There are so many different types of materials of gutters that are available. Make sure to look at all of the pros and cons of each one, as well as the style, to see which one will be perfect for your home.