There are so many types of windows out there in the world. It can be hard to decide what type of windows you should install in your home with various styles and functionality with each type. Here are 6 popular types of windows that you can consider for your home.
- Single Hung: These windows are fairly standard and inexpensive. They are flat and rectangular and allow one sheet of glass to slide or open to allow for airflow.
- Double Hung: These types of windows are just like single-hung in style but allow both planes of glass to slide or open. This can allow for more combinations or ways to improve airflow.
- Bay: Bay windows are an excellent addition to a living room or kitchen because it opens up space while giving a large view outside and natural light to come in. They are usually a large window, with two smaller and angled-in windows on either side.
- Glass Block Windows: These types of windows are not optimal for viewing, but allow light to come in. This makes them perfect for a bathroom because it adds privacy without blocking natural light.
- Garden: Garden windows are like a small box that extends outside the wall. They are usually a box with a sloped roof that creates a shelf that is perfect for plants or decorations.
- Skylight: Skylights are a great way to directly bring in natural light. They are built into the ceiling and bring a gentle light into your home all day.
There are so many types of windows out there it can be hard to decide which one if for you. Make sure to look at all of the options and do not be afraid to be creative.