When bees decide to make their new home on your property you may wonder what your options are. Looking at bee relocation looks nice, but you may be tempted to call an exterminator to deal with the issue without you having to think too much. Here is a quick argument for bee relocation, as well as some of the difficulties that may be involved.
- Plus: Saving Bees: Bees of all species are struggling to survive every day, so any bee that can be saved is positive. Relocation means that bees can be taken to somewhere else to live without dying.
- Minus: It is sometimes not feasible for a beekeeper to perform a bee removal. Sometimes you may pursue bee relocation only to find out that you will need to call an exterminator instead.
- Plus: Hiring a beekeeper to do bee relocation can be a more pleasant experience because you will be dealing with a beekeeper who cares about and loves bees. While an exterminator can be just as personable, a beekeeper will be working with you because they love bees.
- Minus: Sometimes it can be hard to find a qualified beekeeper. You may even find a handful of people who are eager to perform bee relocation but lack the proper experience or are too amateur of beekeepers to do it properly.
- Plus: The procedures used in extermination may not be great for you. While it shouldn’t be an issue, some people may want to avoid having pesticides sprayed into the walls of the home they live in. Bee relocation will avoid that.
While there may be some difficulty in hiring professional bee relocation services over extermination, there are many pros as well. Next time you need bees removed, make sure to research all of your options thoroughly.