Spending time at a gun shooting range can help improve your shooting ability, but progress is not linear. At some point, everyone will plateau, and progress will seem stagnant. It is important to remember a handful of things to make sure that you can improve even when progress does not come quickly like it used to. Here are a few tips that can help you get better whenever you visit a gun shooting range.
- Pay Attention: Focusing on focusing, watching your score, and striving hard for improvement can help you improve. Striving hard to focus on improving may be what you need to keep progress moving.
- Master the Basics: Sometimes when you get comfortable with the basics you may start to slip a little. Make sure to go back and make sure the basics are mastered. You cannot play in the NBA without first knowing how to tie your shoes right every time.
- Breath: Learning how to breathe and not let emotions get in the way can help. It can help you learn to focus and see ways in which you can focus.
- Learn to Improve: Nit-pick everything as you start to improve. It is important to be able to see where you can improve yourself and learn how to learn to teach yourself to get better.
- Slow Down: An amateur can play their piano piece well at speed, but a master can play it at any tempo without mistake. Make sure in your practice that you can perform just as well going slowly because sometimes perfecting your technique when slow will ensure a more perfect technique at speed.
Plateauing can be very frustrating when you are trying to get better. Next time you are at the gun shooting range make sure to try these tips to help your progress always move forward.