As technology improves, so does safety within the workplace. Something like wireless geotechnical monitoring is one such innovation that is greatly beneficial to the safety of mines. Mine operators and owners should greatly consider wireless geotechnical monitoring, so here are 5 key benefits of wireless geotechnical monitoring systems.
- Safety: The main reason you would want to install a system like this is to improve the safety within the mine. Having real-time data about the state of the mine will allow you to be aware of any potential or current problems within the mine.
- Reliable: A wireless geotechnical monitoring system will be robust and reliable because that is the nature of systems like this. Since they are placed in a robust environment, they must be tough sensors themselves, and will work for a long time coming.
- Long Lasting: As mentioned above, these systems are robust. This means that not only will they hold up to some abuse, but they can also last and be useful to your mine for many years.
- Easy to Install: Since these systems are wireless, they are simple to install, relative to wired systems. This means that the installation and changing costs of the system are low as well and will require less maintenance.
- Efficient: The systems are also very efficient and will not consume a large amount of energy. The internal batteries will last a long time but will still need to be replaced when they die. That is still a much easier alternative than having a wired system that always needs to be plugged in.
When looking at monitoring systems for you mine, wireless geotechnical monitoring systems are the only way to go. Make sure to check them out next time you are looking for a low-maintenance system for your mine.