There are many things that precipitate office moving – a nonrenewable lease, the need to be closer to other businesses, requiring a better location for your staff or clients, and needing more or less office space, just to name a few. Regardless of the reason, there are some things you can do to enjoy a successful office moving experience for an easier transition for you and your staff, like hiring a moving company.
- Ditch the unwanted stuff. You don’t have to be a hoarder to end up with clutter and things you really don’t need. Getting rid of nonessential things before moving day will lower your costs and keep you from having to handle those items at your new location.
- Inform your staff early. Most people do not enjoy change but will come to accept it and even embrace it if they have sufficient time to make any necessary adjustments.
- Plan out the timeline. There can be factors that dictate the days and hours your office moving can take place. For example, your building may not allow the use of the elevators at certain times or days, or the air conditioning or heating may not be at a comfortable setting at all times. Be sure to consider both your current location and the one you are moving to.
- Give your IT team a head start. It takes time to break down and set up IT supplies and equipment, so be sure to schedule these appropriately. If possible, ask the moving company to take these items off the truck first, so the team can get to setting up computers and phones while the rest is being unloaded.
- Be sure the new location is ready. Plan to tour the new location with the manager or owner a few days before move-in, so any maintenance issues can be resolved that could create a problem on office moving day.
The final tip is to choose an office moving company with experience and dedication to making your move go smoothly. From scheduling your move at a convenient time and day for you to getting everything safely to your new location, a moving company will make sure your move is as stress-free as possible.