Is your home’s front door looking a bit dull and in need of a facelift? No need to worry! You can accomplish this by making use of glass door inserts. The best part is that with a bit of research, this could make a great DIY project. Here’s how to go about it.
- Measure Your Existing Door. Once you make any changes, you need to select the kind of design you wish to install onto your door. Once that is done, measure the actual size of the door.
- Remove and Strip the Door: You need to remove the door as well as the associated hardware such as the lock and handles.
- Mark The Cut-Lines: By simply following the installation instructions, carefully draw up the cut-out lines of the installation of the door inserts.
- Make The Cuttings: In this step, you will need to use either a jigsaw, circular saw, or both. Make sure to make the cut as clean as possible to ensure the fitting fits perfectly and looks flawless.
- Insert The Glass Insert: Place the insert into the cutting and fasten it onto the door by using the screws that come with it.
- Re-install The Door: The last and final step of glass door inserts is to re-install the door on the hinges as well as the handles and the locksets. This addition may put some strain on the door due to its weight, so you may have to get heavy-duty hinges.
If you are not confident in your DIY skills, don’t worry! You can contact your local home improvement company or a company that specializes in doors and windows. They can help you brighten up your home façade with a brand-new, eye-catching glass door insert.