Insuring a home is a fairly complicated thing, and with strange things with home insurance comes an unknown story. There are many things that home insurance covers that you may not even think of, but that insurance companies have had to run into. Here are 5 weird things that your home insurance covers that your insurance company has had to deal with at some point.
- Animal Stampede: If a bunch of animals decide to run through your property and destroy it, home insurance covers you. This only applies to wild animals, so still your home insurance won’t cover your neighbor’s domestic wildebeest herd.
- Asteroids: Things fall on houses and destroy them occasionally, but often enough that home insurance covers it. If an asteroid were to come down and destroy or damage your home, you would be covered.
- Landscaping: If you have a fancy lawn or an expensive that gets ruined for some reason, consider calling your home insurance company. They probably cover any damage that could happen to your trees, and not just when your tree destroys something else.
- Defamation: If your neighbors are spreading lies about you that are causing actual harm, then your home insurance may help. If you have a real case for your neighbors causing legitimate issues to you by lying, then your court costs may be covered.
- Dog Bites: Included in your home is any damage that your dog may cause outside of your home. If your dog decides to go rogue and bite the mailman, then your home insurance may pay out the costs instead of you.
There are many things that homeowner’s insurance covers that you may not be aware of. Make sure to know everything covered in your homeowner’s insurance so you never pay for anything out of pocket if it could be covered.