Dogs are a popular type of pet for many people. But what a lot of people don’t know is that there are certain dog breeds that likely aren’t covered by their home insurance. That means if your dog bites someone that it won’t be covered. Below are some of the common and popular breeds that are less likely to be covered by your home insurance.
- Pit Bulls – This is one of the top dogs that people think of. Although there are some very friendly pit bulls, the breed’s reputation is not a good one. That’s why they’re often not covered.
- Doberman Pinschers – These dogs are often used as guard dogs for homes and businesses. They are known as being aggressive, which makes home insurance companies less likely to cover them.
- German Shepherds – This dog breed is often used for police work. They also can become territorial or over-protective as a pet.
- Rottweilers – These dogs are also known as being territorial, although they have been used as guide dogs and as police dogs.
- Great Danes – You may think of Scooby Doo when you think of Great Danes. Although these dogs aren’t known as being aggressive to the people they know, they can be aggressive with strangers.
If you are thinking of getting a dog, keep this list in mind and do your research. This will help you avoid getting a dog that your home insurance won’t cover. On the other hand, if you own a pet that is one of these breeds, you might want to consider switching home insurance providers. Make sure to research all your options carefully.