Using locksmith services can be expensive. But how much you’re going to spend will depend on a variety of. Below are the things that will affect how much you will pay when you call a lock smith.
- Type of Service
There are a lot of different type of services that locksmiths offer. So you are going to pay more depending on what type of service you have the locksmith do. Below we’ve listed some of the most common locksmith services.
- Duplicating a key
- Transponder reprogramming
- Key molding
- Opening a lock that’s defective or broken
- Replacing different kinds of locks
- Installing security system
How much you are going to pay for the services of a locksmith also will vary based on their availability as well as their customer service level. Some of the locksmiths have technicians that can be available 24 hours a day.
- The Lock Type
The complexity and quality of a security system or lock will also influence the amount you’ll pay for locksmith services. Some locks are harder to install or unlock than others. Below are some of the types of locks that locksmiths service.
- Two types of popular locks are tubular chassis and bored cylinder
- Side bar locks have sidebar pins which make them very hard to pick.
- Tumbler locks (tubular pin) are created for the internal doors and they’re unlocked with a key inserted right into the door handle.
- A case lock has the inner casing which contains its lock. The outer casing houses its keyhole.
- Biometric or electronic locks open using a fingerprint or code
The next time you have to call a locksmith, keep in mind that not all prices for locksmith services are created equal.